Biomedical Genomics Center
Academic Health Center
Contact: Kenneth Beckman, Ph.D., Director. Phone:
University of Minnesota
Biomedical genomics research and education
The mission of the BMGC is to promote genomics and proteomics research at the University of Minnesota and in the community
- Maintain, upgrade, and acquire state-of-the-art instrumentation related to genomics and proteomics, and provide faculty, staff, and students with access to these technologies.
- Help establish a track record in genomics and proteomics research at the University of Minnesota.
- Support faculty recruitment, training, and retraining in genomics and proteomics.
- Participate in the development of genomics-related education and outreach through specialized conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Establish entrepreneurial pathways and link advances in genomics and proteomics discovery science and intellectual property to the founding of knowledge-based companies in the State of Minnesota.
pharmacogenomics and drug discovery
genomics of complex traits, systems, and disease
stem cell genomics
molecular diagnostics and biomedical engineering
Virtual Biomedical Genomics Center
genomics of development and disease
genomics fellowship program
bioethics, law, & health policy program
Technical Support Contact