Center for Lung Science and Health
Variety Club Research Center (VCRC)
University of Minnesota
401 East River Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Phone: (612) 625-7741
Toll free: (800) 646-9255
Research, education and outreach
The Center for Lung Science and Health (CLSH) facilitates interdisciplinary research, education, and outreach activities in order to promote lung health and improve care of patients with lung disease.
The Center works to enhance research, education, and public outreach and impact clinical care:
- Promote nationally-funded research and provide infrastructure support.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary basic, translational and clinical research and education.
- Coordinate the O'Brien Biobank for Lung Research and Morphology Cores.
- Maintain the CLSH Registry of Interested Persons.
- Increase support for strategic/innovative research funds and new state-of-the-art equipment and facilities through philanthropic and grant efforts.
- Develop working relationships and collaborations with industry, healthcare organizations and patient advocacy groups
- Coordinate the New Leaders Conference and facilitate recruitment of new research faculty.
- Create research opportunities and mentorships for trainees and students.
- Provide weekly research and/or clinical seminars and lectures for faculty, staff, trainees and students.
- Coordinate and sponsor Patient/Family Education Days and community outreach activities.
Technical Support Contact