University of Minnesota
Bioinformatics Resources at the University of Minnesota
- CCGB: Center for Computational Genomics and Bioinformatics
- MSI: Supercomputing Institute for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation
- CCGB/CBS Bioinformatics and Research Computing Facility [BRCF]:
Bioinformatics and Image Processing tools available in a training laboratory environment.
- MSI Computational Genetics Laboratory [CGL]:
Bioinformatics workshops and assistance.
- CBS Advanced Biological Computing Facility:
Computing resources and consulting services for molecular biology computing.
- Cancer Center Bioinformatics:
Collaborative and consulting bioinformatics for the faculty of the Cancer Research Center.
- Plant Biology/CBS Bioinformatics:
Collaborative bioinformatics research with Dept. of Plant Biology faculty.
Contact: Kevin Silverstein, Ph.D., email@example.com
- Biostatistics: Graduate Program in Biostatistics
The Division of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, offers both M.S. and Ph.D. programs in Biostatistics. Several faculty members in the Division have research areas in bioinformatics-related areas, as well as in statistical genetics.
- Bioinformatics: Graduate Minor in Bioinformatics
The graduate minor in bioinformatics includes core coursework in computer and biological sciences and opportunities to interact with others interested in bioinformatics. The curriculum encourages interdisciplinary interaction, communication, and synthesis.
Symposium 2003: http://www.binf.umn.edu/bisymp03/
- Bioinformatics Summer Institute
The mission of the Bioinformatics Summer Institute is to provide the highest possible quality undergraduate level education and research experiences in bioinformatics, equipping the new generation of this burgeoning professional community with the tools for a successful career in bioinformatics. Sixteen undergraduates will participate in the Institute for ten summer weeks
A small sample of the bioinformatics services available through the Centers and programs listed above. Please explore the Center pages for other applications.
- BLAST and more, sequence analysis and high-throughput sequence analysis
- MicroArray analysis
- ORF finding: reliable ORF-finding in short genomic sequences.
- Protein Domain Analysis
- Protein Family browsing
- Visualization tools
- CCGB help: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSI help: email@example.com