Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology,
University of Minnesota
Phone: (612) 624-7116
FAX: (612) 625-1121
Current Talk Themes
Stem Cells and the New Age of Discovery
- "Stem Cells and the New 'Age of Discovery'" [PowerPoint, 5MB], AUTM Central Regional Meeting, July 23, 2006.
- "Embryonic Stem Cell Research: A Global Project," Theology and Genetics, University of St. Thomas, Jan. 7, 2009.
- "Embryonic Stem Cell Research: A Global Project," Theology and the Biomedical Revolution, University of St. Thomas, March 5, 2009.
- "Stem Cell Research and the Future of Health Care," Great Lakes Study Club, April 18, 2009.
- "Mapping hESC Research Policy," NIH-hESC training course, Stem Cell Institute, University of Minnesota, April 30, 2009.
- "Global Stem Cell Research: A variegated ethical and legal terrain," Ethical and Legal Issues in Genetic Counseling, University of Minnesota, May 1, 2009.
- "Stem Cell Research and the Future of Health Care," Lake Superior Study Club, March 4, 2010.
- "Embryonic Stem Cell Research: A Global Project," Theology, Biomedical and Healthcare Ethics, College of St. Benedict / St. John's University, April 13, 2010.
- "Stem Cells, Regenerative Medicine, and Clusters of Innovation in the Asia-Pacific Region" [PDF], World Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine Congress Asia, Seoul, South Korea, Oct. 26-28, 2010.
- "Stem cell research: Evolving policy for a new science"[PDF] University of Minnesota Stem Cell Institute, November 17, 2010.
The World is Flat: Some Implications for Universities.
St. Johns University, Collegeville, MN
University of Minnesota, B.A. history
University of Minnesota, M.A. journalism and mass communication
Editor and writer, University Relations, University of Minnesota [1978 - 1983]
Editor/Communications, Dept. of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota [1983 - ]
Science writer, Research and Diagnostic Systems, Inc., Minneapolis [1987 - 1988]
Assistant to the Director, Biomedical Engineering Center, University of Minnesota [1990 - 1997]
Director of Communications and Community Affairs, Institute of Medical Biotechnology, University of Minnesota [1997 - 2000]
Coordinator, Pre-graduate educational programs in biomedical technology and bioscience [1990 - 2003]
Executive Director & Founder, MBBNet [1995 - ]
Member, Public Education Committee, International Society for Stem Cell Research - ISSCR [2005 - 2011]
William Hoffman and Leo Furcht, The Biologist's Imagination: Innovation in the Biosciences, Oxford University Press, June 2014.